Saturday, February 24, 2007

My crappy night

As I'm sure most of my friends already know, I got robbed last night on my way to Bound. I was walking in the area around the Navy Yard Metro, looking for those elusive things in DC known as taxis, and someone came up behind me and grabbed my purse. I tried to pull it back, but he yanked it away and I fell. There was a gas station nearby, and I called the cops there. I'm not expecting anything, but they did give me money for the Metro ride home. I spent the night at my parents' house, since my house key was in my purse. I didn't even care about the money, but all the damage control was such a hassle. I had to get my lock changed today, stop my credit card and ATM card, and tomorrow I'm getting a new cell phone. I didn't get hurt, and it could have been a lot worse, but I'm still a bit shaken up by the whole thing, and I don't know when I'll feel ready to go out again. Hopefully I'll be out for St. Patrick's Day in a few weeks. I love St. Patty's Day.
I love going to Bound, but it's so hard to get to the new venue without a car. I've always been fine going out on my own, but now I know firsthand what bad things can happen, and I don't know if I'll be comfortable going out alone again. I've always done things on my own, and I hate the idea that I need to be with someone just to be safe. I have great friends, and some of them have offered to come to the club with me. Now I just need to get my new cell phone to contact all of you.

No comments: