Friday, March 16, 2007

More press for a professional harpy

As much as I hate to give Ann Coulter, that golem of the far right, more of the publicity that she devours like the vulture that she is, I felt I had to comment on the whole "fag" thing. Coulter has called everyone from Bill Clinton to Al Gore a fag, and now John Edwards. Like she calls all liberals "godless," apparently unaware of observant Jewish liberals and the growing Christian environmentalist movement, all men in the Democratic party are "fags" in her eyes, because if she hates Democrats, and her target audience of hate-mongering conservatives hate fags, what better way to encourage animosity between the two? She throws "fag" around like her hero Joseph McCarthy, that blackest of black eyes on American conservatism, used to throw around the label "Communist," as an all-purpose epithet for anyone who doesn't entirely agree with her extremist ideology.
I've noticed, and this has been said before, that Coulter's intense hatred of Bill Clinton, who she continues to trash even though he hasn't been in office for years, is rooted in an unrequited lust. Clinton spurned Coulter's advances, preferring full-figured Jewish girls to skinny Aryan bitches, and she then made it her mission to take him down. Her trash talk about Clinton, questioning his sexual orientation, etc., is startling similar to the rants of a scorned woman. I guess I should put this in the "paranoid theories" category.
I probably won't make it out to Bound tonight, but I'll definitely be out for Entre Nous' St. Patty's Day celebration. I can't wait to see Todd DJ for the first time, and to round out the week at a booze-filled bash with lots of good friends. I've been overworked all this week, haven't slept enough, and I didn't get my Prison Break fix last Monday. On the plus side, I had a date on Wednesday night with a decent guy; smart, literary, and actually understands what I say. I might see him again this weekend, after I recover from the St. Patrick's Day craziness.

No comments: