Monday, October 30, 2006

Post-Halloween weekend report

The Halloween weekend is over, and I managed to get out to Bound on Friday. I even had a good time (thanks for the vibrator experience James). As expected, there were some great costumes, like Dolphy's hot cop outfit, and several floggers flying in the air and electricity demos. I was the French Resistance member, with a black turtleneck and beret (I put my outfit together at the last minute), but only Officer Will got it without me explaining it. But that's okay. I can't wait to see the pictures, Maverick. And it was great to see everyone again, even though Madame Klawdya wasn't there.
The new space is great, bigger (which made it easier to avoid a certain someone than it would have been at the Green Lantern) with more room for scenes, but, as I was discussing with someone on Friday, the bar isn't so great. The Green Lantern had an amazing bar, with that Smirnoff drink special. I heard that Jeff left the Green Lantern, and we need to get him over to Lime. Because as I'm sure Bound patrons will agree, Jeff is one of the best bartenders ever, and I missed him at Lime.
Entre Nous' Halloween party on Saturday was packed, which, like Jennifer said, detracted from the enjoyment. It was nearly impossible to get a drink or find a place to sit down, and people ended up dancing in the lounge area because the dance floor was too crowded. One minor complaint aside, it was a good night. I met a great new couple (dressed in caveman and cavewoman costumes) and saw some old friends. Jennifer (the hostess, not my friend Jennifer) was looking very hot in her Snow White costume, and the other Jennifer (with red hair) was equally hot as a sexy nun. I was Veronica Lake, although the wind destroyed my hair. My intended date for the evening got sick, so I went alone. It's a shame, I think he would have had a good time. I loved Cat's dark angel costume, but I love Cat too, and she looks hot in anything. But the best costume of the night, as determined by the contest, and I agree, was Lady Godiva, wearing nothing but a long blond wig and a flesh-toned thong. I just wish DJ Larry had been there with his 80s metal set.
Bound is having another Halloween party tomorrow, the Hell Ball, and I'd love to go, but I don't see how I can. I don't have a car, and the Metro stops running at midnight during the week, and I'm not about to lose a shitload of money taking a cab back to Takoma Park. If I can go, I'll try to get Wednesday off of work (I made the mistake of going to work the day after the Goth Prom at Alchemy in May, and could barely stay awake). Maybe the Hell Ball will be worth the cab fare home. Hopefully you'll see me out tomorrow night. I can't think of a better place to spend Halloween.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm jealous!
That sounded like fun...
Did you go out last night?

salomedesade said...

No, I didn't go last night. I was feeling sick by the end of the day. But it was fun. ;)