Friday, November 10, 2006

My passions of life

I found this quote from Bertrand Russell, and feel that it applies very well to me and the passions in my life: "Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind...this has been my life. I have found it worth living, and would gladly live it again if the chance were offered."
Those who know me and read my post know all too well how powerful the pursuit of love is in my life, and I love to read and learn new things about the world. And last of all, most of the news of the world is so overwhelmingly bad and upsetting that I often can't bring myself to read it, even though I should to contribute to my knowledge.
I think all of us want to love, learn, and we all feel for others to a certain degree, some more than others. Too much empathy can be a bad thing, but I'd rather have too much than too little or none at all.

No comments: