Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Victory for O'Malley and Cardin

No more Ehrlich. How long did he expect to last in the Democratic legislature of Maryland anyway? Although Republican rag The Washington Times declared that absentee ballots might turn the tide for Ehrlich and his former lieutenant governor Steele. Let's hope not. The Virginia senate race between Allen and Webb is still too close to call. But Democrats are regaining control of the House and Senate, due to dissatisfaction with Iraq strategy and "President" Bush and his league of evil in general. I don't know about anyone else, but Dick Cheney still scares the shit out of me. "And if you flunk out of that school, you're going straight into the army where you'll be sent to America's latest military quagmire. Where will it be? North Korea, Iran, anything's possible with Commander Cuckoo-Bananas in charge."-Homer Simpson
For all my complaining about lame messages from desperate guys, I thought I'd share one that actually made me want to get to know the person sending it. The typing is still terrible, but at least the content is more than "your hot" or "nice rack": "i'm not looking to 'get laid' or any stupid crap by asking to be a friend, just like the association with other intelligent people such as yourself. Please consider it. Creativity and a like mindset can go along way." This guy has obviously read my complaints about other guys, which means he read my profile and didn't just look at the pictures. I had gotten a previous message from the same guy, and he made it clear that he thought we had some things to talk about. I guess it's not all bad out there. And, to any guys attempting to get my attention, this is how to do it, not with some stupid two-word comment about my "rack."

No comments: