Thursday, December 07, 2006

Random thoughts

Check out this link. I thought it was hilarious: http://www.bushorchimp.com/ Considering that Bush was at one point pushing to get "Intelligent Design" taught in public school science classes, he himself is definitive proof of evolution, as you'll see.
On an entirely different shallow topic, there are so few celebrities for me to lust after. My guy crush used to be Russell Crowe, but then he lost his edge by getting married and appearing in one too many Ron Howard movies. Not that I don't still dig out my DVDs of LA Confidential and Romper Stomper once in a while. My former girl crush, Scarlett Johansson, who I fell for the moment she appeared on screen in Lost in Translation, has been a bit overexposed of late, and, while I still think she's a cut above the Jessica Simpsons of the world in terms of intellect, sometimes in her interviews she comes off as trying too hard. Still, when she was on the cover of Esquire, I spent considerably more time staring at the magazine rack, and there will always be a special place in my heart and pants for Russell and Scarlett. But things change, and crushes get stale. For guys, I always have Prison Break (but not until January 22, thanks again FOX); Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, and William Fichtner (if Mahone comes back from his gunshot wound), all very hot in different ways, especially in their roles as fugitives or rogue FBI agents. I don't have a boyfriend, and these men on Monday nights are my substitute for the moment, even if William Fichtner is old enough to be my father. So is Viggo Mortenson (who I recently discovered was born in 1958, the same year as my father), but that doesn't stop me from watching the Lord of the Rings and A History of Violence alone with my hand straying down my pants. I saw Albino Alligator last night, and while I didn't care for the movie itself (Kevin Spacey should stick to acting), it was great to see William Fichtner and Viggo Mortenson in the same movie. As for girls, it's tougher, with Paris Hilton and the aforementioned Jessica Simpson being passed off as sex symbols. Two come to mind though, Jessica Alba and Salma Hayek. They're sexy, not stupid, and look like they eat once in a while (just like my Scarlett), which is so rare these days.
I have absolutely no desire to work any more today. My arms are actually starting to cramp from working the mouse and keyboard all day. And because of work, it looks like I won't have the energy to go to Bound tomorrow night. But on Saturday, I will likely be at Mistress Purgatori's Saints and Sinners Show, if the scheduling gods smile on me. It should be a fun fetish-filled evening, and it's for a good cause (the Center for Missing and Exploited Children), so check out the Mistress' MySpace page for the details if you're in the area.

No comments: