Friday, December 15, 2006

Slow torture before the holidays

I would love to go to Bound tonight, but I don't think I'll make it. My boss is out of the office today, so I can get away with not working, but after work I have to go to a stupid driver's ed class, because apparently I have to have a license to get by in the world (that's the impression I get anyway). I've had to spend three hours in a cramped classroom surrounded by idiot teenagers, with the worst teacher I've ever had to suffer. He constantly goes off topic, is easily distracted by stupid things, and seems to think he's actually worthy of respect. I hate when dumb people think they're smart. And on top of that, he's from the Phillippines, and his English isn't great. Yet he doesn't seem to understand that the reason so many people in the class have to ask questions is because they can't understand his fractured English. Imagine the worst, least focused and qualified teacher you've ever had, and combine it with MVA bureaucracy, and that's what I'll have to put up with until the end of next week. But don't feel too sorry for me, I'll make it if I stifle the urge to punch my teacher in the face. Maybe I should go to Bound tonight, of course I'd get there at 11 at the absolute earliest, to work out all this frustration through dancing and maybe a good flogging. I will definitely be at Entre Nous this Saturday, so you will see me out soon.

No comments: